Tuesday, April 29, 2008

lost belongings

I lost my wallet today and it took me an hour to find it. Now by chance (or maybe something else), the hour that it took to find it also happens to have been the same hour that I was supposed to drive to school and go to my second favorite class this quarter (multivariable calculus). All in all, though, I don't wish it didn't happen. I experienced a lot of things this morning that I otherwise would not have had the opportunity to experience.

On my way back to my house from checking my car (where my wallet wasn't), I followed a stray cat toward my front gate. It was watching me and walk/running away from me at the same time, and it totally ran into my gate head first. I've never seen a cat do that before.

I also found my old usb drive that I have been missing now for a few months. And, I found a sheet of paper where I wrote down a bunch of really creative ideas for a video game I was going to make but decided not to. It's inspiring me to rethink making that game, even though I have two on my plate at the moment.

You'd be surprised at some of the places I looked (more than once) for my wallet. Or... maybe you won't, if you've ever lost something and looked in the refrigerator more than once. It's almost as if you're drawn to recheck the places that you've already checked, just to confirm your creeping suspicion that it doesn't exist anymore no matter how hard you look. Or, maybe you're just hungry.

Anyway, just because I know you're wondering, it was in a really obvious place, under my dresser.

Actually, it's been a pretty good day so far.

No comments: