Thursday, August 14, 2008

nuclear twig reaction...

I remember a time in my life, back when I didn't understand molecular physics, when I thought that it was possible for someone to be unfortunate enough to step on a twig while walking through the woods and break it in such a way that it splits at a point within one of the tree's atoms (instead of breaking weaker bonds between the tree molecules), thus releasing the atoms energy and starting a chain reaction, leading to a freak nuclear explosion, and that the only reason that this had not happened yet in all the many years of people stepping on twigs and breaking them was that it was just extremely uncommon.

I like how that was all one sentence.

I also like how I say "back when I didn't understand molecular physics" like that isn't the case anymore.

No comments: